Dance Crews with Filipino Dancers in them...
1. Philippine All Stars.. (pure Filipino Dancers )
2. Jabbawockeez.. (with Filipino Dancers / members)
3. Super Crew.. (with Filipino Dancers / members, waved the Philippine flag in their victory!!)..
4. Quest Crew.. (with Filipino Dancers / members)
5. Kaba Modern.. (with Filipino Dancers / members and started by Filipinos)
6. So Real Crew.. (with Filipino Dancers / members)
7. Team Millenia.. (with Filipino Dancers / members)
The Philippine Allstars was started in 2005 by 12 friends who came from different backgrounds, but wanted to collectively represent their country in the World Hip-Hop Championships held in the US. That year after taking first in the Maximum Groovity II, National Hip-Hop Open, they proudly placed 6th in the World. In 2006, Allstars put the Philippines on the map of Hip-hop dance in becoming the first Asian country to win back-to-back World Gold titles in the International Hip-hop Open d’Ítalia in Turin, Italy and in the World Hip-Hop Dance Championships in Los Angeles, California. The next year, the group took Bronze in the same competition and also won Team of the Year from V.Ent’s First Annual Dance Awards. Now in 2008, they came back strong again and took Gold in the World Hip-Hop Dance Championships held in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The group hopes to elevate the status of Filipino dancers, because for too long have Filipino dancers been considered second-rate performers. Through their efforts and many talented others, they want to show that dancing is a great art form and should be more respected and rewarded than what is currently being offered by the entertainment industry.
Currently, the Philippine Allstars consists of the following members: Kenjhons, Lema Diaz, Sheena Vera Cruz, Laurence Chua, Patrick Caballa, Kyxz Mendiola, Michelle Salazar, Jeremiah Carandang, Chelo Aestrid, Deo Bantillo, Patrick Romero and Joshua Barlis.
A Quick background of the Jabbawockeez
Beware of the Jabbawockeez my friends, the B-boys that rip, the freestylers that rock, Friend or foes, nobody knows these anomalies of hip hop. Beware of the beats that make them move their mesmerizing mysterious groove, boom boom kat, boom kat and just like that... vanished.
JabbaWockeeZ is an all-male dance troupe, established in 2003 by Joe Larot, Kevin Brewer and Phil Tayag. The group first gained fame by appearing on America's Got Talent before going on to being the first winners of the MTV hip hop dance reality series America's Best Dance Crew on March 27, 2008, which earned the crew $100,000 and a touring contract. They are known for their intricate, synchronization and precise dances, mime and kabuki-styled theatrics, and for wearing masks and gloves during most of their performances. Their name is derived from the Lewis Carroll poem Jabberwocky.
Members of the Jabbawockeez
1. Ben “B-Tek” Chung
2. Chris “Cristyles” Gatdula - (Filipino Dancer)
3. Kevin “Keibee” Brewer
4. Rynan “Kid Rainen” Paguio - (Filipino Dancer)
5. Jeff “Phi” Nguyen
6. Phil “Swaggerboy” Tayag - (Filipino Dancer)
7. Eddie “Eddie Styles” Gutierrez
8. Saso “Saso Fresh” Jimenez
9. Randy “DJ Wish One” Bernal - (Filipino Dancer)
10. Joe “Emajoenation/Punkee” Larot - (Filipino Dancer)